Pink Bow Tie

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hot Topic Dress Review!

So if you didn't already know; today I got my dress I had ordered for my school dance Friday! So, even though it's not strictly anime-related, I like reviews and by the page view I get I'm assuming you guys do too. So let's get started!


-♫-

So I ordered the dress on about Thursday night, and it arrived today. It was shipped after about a day or two. The original dress looks like this; and the link to order can be found here.


It was about $32, shipping was $5. You can also get it shipped to your nearest store for free, but that takes around 2 weeks and even longer if you live outside the continental US. I don't have any information on international shipping.

I'd say it's pretty reasonably priced for a dress. It was originally $50, but Hot Topic can be kinda pricey so I guess that's expected. It's not a guarantee, but I'm pretty sure you can find some in stores, as I've seen this dress around often at my local one.

-♫-
No Filter
Filtered
One of the reasons I could see someone not getting this dress is the size. Currently, the only size available on the website is XS. There isn't a plus-sized option for this one either, unlike a lot of Hot Topic's dresses.

Luckily for me, who hovers between a XS and a S (In numbers, I'm a size 0), it fit perfectly. The neck strap is adjustable, and you could argue the corset-style ribbon in the front is too, although I don't think that'd do much. There's a zipper in the back to get it on.

-♫-

Although I was worried the color wouldn't look good on my skin tone, I don't think it looks all too bad. The skirt was a little puffier than the picture, but I was happy with that. I wouldn't call the fabric smooth, but it wasn't something unpleasant to feel. The dress wasn't itchy or uncomfortable either.

It was a little weird sitting down, because I didn't want to crush the netting underneath. That's really the only problem I have though, and it's nothing too major to stop me from wearing it.


It was great quality, and showed no signs of being cheaply made.

-♫-

~Final ♫ Score~
Cost/Shipping Time: 9
Quality: 8
Accuracy: 10
Material & Fit: 8

Overall: 8.75

Bottom Line: I'd get this dress, even if you don't necessarily think it'll look the best with your skin tone. It looks better than in the picture, but overall doesn't stand out. But for $32, I'd say it's worth it.

Cya next time!

~Tenshi

*EDIT [6/16/15]: I take back my earlier comment about this not standing out; because when I wore it to my school dance I ended up getting a ton of compliments on it! Like, people I don't usually talk to were coming up and telling me they loved it. So I guess it is pretty unique?

No comments:

Post a Comment