Pink Bow Tie

Friday, December 25, 2015

Costume Review: Beyond The Boundary Uniform from Redstar Cosplay

It's been too long since I've written a review! But Merry Christmas to those of you that celebrate ;O;

-♥-

I got both of these items a while ago, and the pictures of both aren't very good! But I hope you enjoy reading this review regardless. ;w;

For those of you that are unfamiliar, Mirai Kuriyama is from Beyond The Boundary. You've probably seen it around, but you can find the series on most third-party anime websites. (I think I watched it on YouTube a while ago, but I don't know if it's still there)


You can check out my review of the series here!

-♥-

I'll start with the uniform, which I got first. It came from Redstar Cosplay's Etsy shop for $40, and I'm pretty sure shipping was about $15. It's not the cheapest, but it's around the same price as other uniforms I found online.

Here's the picture on the website. (I picked "Uniform Only" in size "Female S")

Beyond the Boundary Mirai Kuriyama Ayi Ai Shindo Cosplay Costume - Uniform and Sweater
They have both an Ebay and Etsy shop, but I ordered mine from Etsy.

I didn't have any issues with customer service, and the package arrived about 3 weeks after ordering, which is a reasonable wait time for something from China.

It came in the evening, hence the bad lighting >.>
-♥-

The package came with a skirt, jacket/shirt, and tie. There was also a generic thank you card, like most cosplays.

More bad lighting...
The tie was actually a bow attached to a safety pin! It wasn't ideal, but it wasn't that noticeable either so I guess it's okay.

Close up on the bow
I think the best part about this costume was the fact that the jacket had pockets! They don't have zippers or buttons, but they're 'u' shaped so it's not easy for stuff to fall out. They're about the size of my phone (an iPhone 5s), maybe wider.

The jacket was good quality, with shoulder pads and a nice lining. The lining was a smooth fabric (I don't know much about fabrics, but my guess is something like satin?), so I wasn't too cold or too hot. There are buttons on the front. Overall, the jacket quality was great.

*Black tights not included*
The skirt was fairly good quality, other than a few wrinkles on the sides. Nothing I can't iron out later.

-♥-

~Final ☻ Score~
Cost/Shipping Time: 8
Quality: 9
Accuracy: 8
Material & Fit: 9

Overall: 8.5

Bottom Line: This is a solid costume, and the pockets are a plus. I wish it could be a little less expensive, but there aren't any major problems with this one.

-♥-

Stay tuned for a review of the wig I'm using for this cosplay!~ Thanks for reading too!

-Gaby ☺


No comments:

Post a Comment