Pink Bow Tie

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bluetime Skirt Review

I'm on a roll! Yay me!~ :D

So today I just received this skirt from Bluetime via Amazon. It's only $12.99, if that says anything.

Me, thinking I found another hidden deal on Amazon
-☀-

Considering my past experience with cheap clothes on Amazon; I probably shouldn't have gotten this skirt. But I think the quality was surprisingly good. At the very least it was better than I thought.

Here's what the skirt is supposed to look like:

See; I realized once I got it that this isn't the actual skirt I received. Mine had a gold zipper, and the charm on the zipper was a fake pearl. Here's a close up:

It looks more silver in this light, but it's gold
Two out of three problems in this dress lie in the zipper. First off; the fabric that surrounds the zipper is on the outside, which makes it look unprofessional and cheap. Secondly; the zipper smells like weird China plastic. It's not smell that's super strong (I can only faintly smell it when I'm wearing the skirt), but it's there. I hope it goes away once I wash it, but if it doesn't I might try to turn to febreeze.

[EDIT: I washed the skirt and the smell has since gone away. 9/23/15]

-☀-

I ordered this around 2 weeks ago? Amazon told me that the earliest it's come would be September 14th, but it arrived August 31st.

It comes with Amazon free shipping on orders over $35, which was a plus.

-☀-

The skirt comes in one size, so I was somewhat wary. It ended up fitting well on me though. Not perfect (it was a little short and a little big around the waist), but fairly good.

My top is from Rue 21- Find it here

The main problem was the length and the flow of the skirt part. I'm 5'3" (63 cm), and leaning down this skirt almost showed my underwear. So I'd defiantly wear it with shorts or tights. [General Tip: Cut an old pair of leggings to make shorts that you can wear under skirts/dresses- I do this all the  time.]

The skirt can look pretty choppy and weird...

The pleats seemed very weird and choppy. I'm not sure if it was the way it was sewed or if it need ironing or something, but it looked odd from certain angles. 

-☀-

~Final ♥ Score~
Cost/Shipping Time: 9
Quality: 7.5
Accuracy: 8
Material & Fit: 7.5

Overall: 8

Bottom Line: If you don't have a lot of money and you're somewhat short, then I'd go for this. But saving up to buy a better quality version would probably get you farther. I think I'll wear this out a few times, but not as often as I do with my other skirts.

-☀-

Hope you enjoyed today's review!~ That's all, folks! Cya soon~

-Gaby ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment