Pink Bow Tie

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Costume Review: Sayaka Miki from CosplayShopper


Hello everyone!~ I recently received my Sayaka Miki costume, and as you know she's one of my all time favorite characters!~ I'll be premiering this costume at Another Anime Convention in October.

For those who don't know, Sayaka is from one of my all-time favorite anime series; Madoka Magica. You can find it on Netflix.

I should probably make that hairclip O_O

The costume is from CosplayShopper, who's centered in New York. Link is here.

I ordered it in an XS for about $110?

-♥-

So first off; let me talk about my not-so-great experience with the customer service:

I ordered my costume to be custom sized, for an extra $15 or so. After I sent in my measurements, they emailed saying they didn't seem right and I should measure myself again. I did and found out I gave them a waist measurement that was way to small, so I fixed it and sent it back. But then they emailed me again saying how they still weren't right and I should get measured by a tailor. I gave them the same measurements as before, because honestly I'm not dragging myself to a tailor when I can use a measuring tape just fine. Then they emailed again saying they don't make the costume custom-sized. (Yet they still haven't taken the option away on the website.) I went with an XS, since the sizing chart really did not match up with my measurements. With all due respect, I'm not oddly proportioned. A lot of people small enough to fit into a XS don't have a bust that big.

The costume came faster than expected (about 2 weeks) which was very nice, however I don't think they ship from NY considering my package was in China, South Korea, and Kentucky before it got to me.

In very on the fence about this company. Their customer service was a little hard to deal with and their sizing is very odd and a bad fit for me, but they were quick and very good quality.

-♥-

As I said, I received this package about two weeks after ordering. It came in a giant plastic bag (Left) and inside was... more plastic bags! (Right) Everything was individually wrapped except for the skirt. The accessories came in one bag


 I didn't use it in this review, but it also came with her sticker-gem-thing, which wasn't listed as included on the website. It was a nice bonus, however I'm not sure if it's reusable or how well it sticks. It has a circular sticker from the brand 3M on the back. Either way, I can always buy more of those stickers at Walmart if need be.
-♥-

Round 1: Shirt & Skirt!
There are two problems with the skirt and the shirt: the bust is waaaay too big and the skirt is waaaay too small. Of course these can be fixed, but I could see my shorts that I wear under every skirt. That's how short it was. 

There are zippers on most of the costume. They're hidden, so that makes them a little hard to zip, but they look nice. There's also a button so you can hide the skirt zipper with one of the side flaps, which was a nice touch.

The quality is amazing! The buttons on the short weren't super cheap and the ruffles cooperated. I was afraid of the breastplate looking cheesy, but I think it looks nice.

Not the best fit...
-♥-
Round 2: Accessories!
 Next was the stockings, arm sleeves, belt, and those things that go on the stockings!

Much like the skirt and shirt; the problem here was the fit. I actually ended up sewing the upper arm bands and the stocking additions (what do I call them?) because they were way too big. Which is odd because the lower arm sleeves and the stocking fit perfectly! The belt had to be put as tight as it could go in order to fit okay.


I love the stocking that came with this costume! They were translucent, but they felt really nice and weren't itchy or sweaty at all! I could barely tell they were there.

-♥-

Round 3: Gloves & Cape!


For some reason the gloves were super puffy? They fit okay but they feel heavy when you're wearing them. I didn't like them that much, but I'll deal. If anything they were a little on the small side.

I love the cape! It doesn't feel like it's choking me and it defiantly completes the costume. The detail is nice and exact too.

Ignore my face e_e

 -♥-

~Final ♥ Score~
Cost/Shipping Time: 9
Quality: 9
Accuracy: 8
Material & Fit: 7

Overall: 8.25

Bottom Line: I honestly wish the customer service was better, because this costume is amazing. You get more than what you pay for (which is quite a bit) in quality, but the sizing will most likely require some fixing. Not sure if I'll order from CosplayShopper again as custom sizing didn't seem to go well for me.

-♥-

I hope you enjoyed today's review! I really look forward to wearing this costume at AAC!~

- Gaby♪



No comments:

Post a Comment